Santa Clarita Transmission Repair
Diagnosing and Repairing All of Your Transmission Troubles
There’s nothing that can ruin your day quite like the sound of gears that don’t shift properly or the awful smell of burnt transmission fluid. Both are signs that the transmission in your gas or diesel truck is on the verge of going out. When that happens, you don’t have the opportunity to procrastinate – you need to get your transmission fixed fast, and you need to make sure it’s done right. If you don’t act quickly, you could find yourself stuck with a truck that just won’t budge.
That’s where we come in. Our transmission repair team at DEI Truck & Fleet is always prepared to help you get your truck up and running again at an affordable price. Our local Santa Clarita mechanics have been trained to repair all kinds of commercial and recreational vehicles, with a specialty in diesel engines.
We Can Repair or Replace Essential Transmission Parts for Any Vehicle, Including:
- Light-duty trucks
- Diesel trucks
- Medium-duty trucks
- Pickup trucks
- Natural gas trucks
- All commercial fleet trucks
How Can I Tell if I Have a Transmission Fluid Leak?
The first step is knowing what transmission fluid looks like – it's typically a red or pink color, but it can turn more brown if it's dirty. It also has an oily texture, and smells like oil, unless it's dirty. In that case, it will smell more burnt than anything. If you have a transmission leak, it will typically pool towards the front or middle of your vehicle, so if you ever find a puddle of liquid that matches this description, then odds are you have a leak. Another key sign is if it sounds a bit off when you change gears, or if changing gears is more difficult than usual.
5 Signs You Need Transmission Repair
- You feel problems between gears - If you're ever noticing delays or strange shifting when you change gears, you should probably get your transmission looked at by our mechanics. Look out for high revving from the engine between shifts or grinding gears.
- Sounds - When you feel your gears grinding, you may also hear the metal on metal sound that comes with that kind of contact. You may also hear a whining noise that indicates your bearings have started to wear out.
- Smell - Transmission fluid is known for having a sweet scent, and if it’s leaking out of your vehicle, you should be able to smell it. It also burns intensely and produces a distinct burning smell. If your vehicle is producing unusual odors, contact our Santa Clarita transmission repair experts.
- Red fluid under your truck - Transmission fluid has a distinctive red look that doesn't look like any other kind of fluid. If you're seeing this under your truck after it's been parked somewhere, then you might have a leak.
- Your truck pops out of gear - If your truck ever pops out of gear and into neutral, or to other gears, then your transmission should be inspected by our mechanics as soon as possible.
Your Transmission Is in Good Hands
Whether you own a single pickup truck or a fleet of commercial trucks, we can handle all of your transmission needs. Our Santa Clarita mechanics have the training, the skills, and the equipment to diagnose and resolve any transmission problem. Plus, our partnerships with major manufacturers gets us priority access to the parts we need to repair your truck quickly at low prices. On top of all that, we provide a full range of additional benefits to every one of our Santa Clarita customers, including personalized service plans that fit your needs and budget
When you’re facing an issue as serious and complex as transmission failure, you want to make sure you have the best mechanics in Santa Clarita in your corner. Over our 15+ years of service, we’ve earned a reputation for quality, trustworthy service because we always put our customers' needs first.